Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Under The Nose


This is Vroman's Nose - a predominant landmark in our area.  Yes, a connection to my ancestry and you can read more about it HERE.  It is near the village of Middleburgh where our Quilt Guild meets - so we are a bit 'under the nose'.

  
This is the little shop we went to - Under the Nose.  Re-invented and renovated after flood Irene by two 'home-grown' folks.  They are right next to the Vroman's Nose trail park/start, so a nice little spot to sit and relax after the hike.


Tom and Lin Quinn - lovely couple that have added greatly to the community and the regrowth of the Valley.  Tom's mother was an inductee of the Catskill Mountain Quilters Hall of Fame and came many years to quilt with my mother until her passing.

The shop was actually closed, but Lin was very gracious once I explained we were putting together a raffle basket for the Hall of Fame.  You can see more of the shop HERE.  Tom is the master fudge maker and Lin makes the most adorable bits in clay.  As well, they carry and promote items of area artisans.

If you are ever in the area - stop in.

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

8 comments:

Debbie said...

A neat bit of history....thanks for sharing. Such a cute shop....wish them much success.

Quilting Babcia said...

I love these kinds of 'homegrown' shops. Always so unique and friendly. Thanks for sharing!

Jeanna said...

What a lovely post about a lovely place and store. I enjoyed the history and I'm happy to learn that you actually live someplace that MEANS something to you / your family.

Thanks so much for sharing.

Denise :) said...

What a fun day -- and what gracious shopkeepers! It was really nice of them to accommodate y'all! Looks like a fun bit of history to visit! :)

Barbara said...

Putting it on my list for when we make our trip back east next year.

QuiltShopGal said...

What a very interesting "nose" and shop. I'm definitely adding this to my bucket list. Would definitely be fun to see. I hope your fundraising event goes well.

QuiltShopGal
www.quiltshopgal.com

Needled Mom said...

It looks like the type of shop I would love to visit. You have such great ties to the area.

Sheila said...

Looks like a very interesting shop and I loved the history behind the area .