Saturday, April 7, 2018

Is It Spring Yet?


After a 48 hr. period of a huge drop in temps and some gale force winds, we are having snow again.  This was Friday afternoon at the start and it is to snow all day today.  I am in a Spring cleaning mood, but I need Spring first!


I got 40 lovely 9-patches from those strattas and scraps from that grocery bag of goodies.  Not sure where this is going, but it is a start.


Ready to start the cheddar hexies to be added around the newest diamond block.  I'm doing a little reorganization of my 'yardage' shelves and hope to find a few more cheddars for this project.


I need to check back thru the Temecula Quilt Co. site to be sure I have caught up on all the blocks.  I did get these four done and a new one came out yesterday, but I think I may be missing some.

I don't have any photos - I was presenting - but I did a lecture/trunk show on Scrap Quilting this week at the Peaceable Day Quilt Guild in Cobleskill, NY.  They have a very large, active group and were gracious hosts.  I was able to enjoy their Show & Tell and so many wonderful projects were shown.

Today I have some morning errands and a visit to the local Library to discuss a joint project with our guild and the local garden club for a "Spring Flowers" display thru-out the library.  Then  I can sew, sew, sew as it snows, snows, snows.

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

13 comments:

Debbie said...

Hasn't this been a crazy weather year? We are in the cool 50s for us it is so strange. Love those red blocks you made.

Barbara said...

I think everybody is ready for some spring weather. I was supposed to go to the Farmer’s Market with my DIL this morning, but we’re expecting high winds and raining sideways. No thank you. We’ll try again next weekend. Your hexies remind me that I want to give them a try. Not sure what I want to do with them yet, but maybe I’ll just get a start by making a few and see what I end up with.

Ellie said...

Our weather in Indiana has beenjustascrazy! Snow one day and 50's the next, sometimes the same day! Good for making lots of mud! Love your Temecula blocks. I've saved them but haven't started them. Trying to tackle the UFO's. Sigh!

Lesley said...

Love how you can embrace this winter weather with lots of snowing. Enjoy!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

I've been thinking of YOU as I watch the morning weather! SNOW! Can you believe it!! Hang in there...and yes, sew, sew, sew. ENJOY!

Nancy J said...

looking at your photo makes me feel cold, and down here, about 7C early on, so autumn is getting in gear. Lovely to see the patches in a big block, they will find a permanent home and be so happy.

sewyouquilt2 said...

Love your 9 patches been sewing in tbe snow here too. Grrrrr

kiwikid said...

We thought autumn was here but we are heading for a week of high 20's low 30's C. Nutty weather. Great nine patches. One groups I am in had a display of flower themed quilts at the local Garden Clubs last show, it was really well received.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Love the reds and wishing you Spring.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Oh mercy. It was below freezing here this morning, but thankfully no snow!

MissPat said...

The only good thing about this weather is I get to stay inside and sew. Catching up with the yard work will have to wait. Crocuses poking out (at least the ones the rabbits haven't decapitated) and buds on the daffs, but otherwise dreary and cold.
Pat

Kate said...

Hasn't it been such a crazy spring? We woke to snow yesterday and it's sleeting today. Looks like you've made the most of your snow day sewing.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

We had 2 inches of snow when we woke up Monday morning. Supposed to reach 60 degrees today, and 70 degrees on Thursday, before the rains come, and the cold weather returns over the weekend. Yuk!