Monday, January 1, 2018

Monday Making


Bonnie released three clues in a row so I need some time to get a little up to speed on the 'On Ringo Lake' mystery.  I have enough units for 20 blocks  ( a few extra here and there) and will see how many blocks I can get done today.  BUT first, I am going to give my sewing machine a bit of pamper with the first day of the year.  A good cleaning, oiling, new needle, fresh bobbins to wind, and clean the table she rests on.

**will link up when it is active**


There are some buttons removed from the sidebar and new ones being added as things pop up on the web.  Don't think I am doing all of those projects, I just like to share as someone else might enjoy.

I have to sadly turn a bit of a blind eye to those QALS to go with my mantra for the year - FOCUS.  Last year was FUN and I did have fun, but it created a lot of UFOs that need finishing and flimsies that need quilting.   I'm not counting or listing them, I just know they are there and need to be tackled.

The new RSC18 button is up and the new color is BLUE, but I have a blue secret project in progress.  So I will consider myself a bit ahead of this one.  Even my scraps of paper in the cup with block names can be a skip as my secret project is one of the blocks I wanted to make - I got lucky!


The Pantone color of the year is Ultra Violet.  I always try to make a quilt using their color pick and maybe down the line this will be a RSC18 project.
   
Kate has started a 15 Minutes a Day Challange (new Button) and along with Slow Stitching Sunday, I will be motivated to tackle that handquilting that has piled up, too.

I have signed up to guest blog for an event as well as an upcoming Blog Hop with lots of Heart.  Those are my secret projects in progress.  The rough draft is written for my coming lecture/trunk show in April and items needed placed in the box or prepped for the box as I go thru the draft.  That will be handy as I have now been engaged for another venue in May.


Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

12 comments:

Lucy said...

Sharon, I check your blog every day to see what buttons you have and always use them so thanks for sharing them.Wish you good health and happy stitching the coming year.

Sue Daurio said...

Happy Scrappy New Year Sharon!

Nancy J said...

This sounds like a very busy year ahead, may all your scraps be used somewhere!!!

Libby in TN said...

I am only making 20 blocks for ORL in a 4x5 straight setting with 1-1/2" sashing. With borders it should make a nice lap size, easily finished. I still have 3 previous mysteries unfinished!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

FOCUS...is a good one...Thank you for your continued support of TA...I saw Kate's 15 minute challenge too...glad she brought it back. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

You are already starting off the new year very busy. Enjoy the 'focus' on completing your projects.

Maria said...

I'm feeling snowed under with Bonnies Mystery right now... thought I'd catch up over the weekend and then we got 3 clues.....

Barbara said...

Looks like you’ll be plenty busy in the new year. I wondered if you were doing all those events in your sidebar. Now I need to take a look. I haven’t been getting around to as many blogs as I would like while we’re traveling, so I’ll use you as my bloggy bulletin board.

Jeanna said...

Wishing you a happy and healthy 2018! I look forward to following all of your guilty goodness.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Great post. Almost made me want to clean my sewing machine....😁😁😂 Have a great day!!

KatieQ said...

I really appreciate the way you post buttons for quilty events taking place on the internet. It's fun to check them all out, even if I don't take part. I hope you are keeping warm. We are having a heat wave The temperature will go up to 20 degrees.

Kate said...

I always check out the buttons you post. Thank you for adding the 15 Minute To Stitch Button. I'm looking forward to checking out all your projects in progress. Sounds like you've got a great start on the planning and stitching for 2018.