Monday, December 4, 2017

Monday Making


Over the weekend I did what a lot of quilter's did - worked on my geese units for Bonnie Hunter's 'Ringo Lake' mystery.  There are melon, peach, pink, dusty rose, orange, and I think even a few mauve.  BUT that doesn't matter as it is variety that will give this such interest.  BONUS - that bag of scrap Kona white was used up!!  There are more bags of that - they might be Kona white or snow, or Moda Bella white or oyster, or CT white, or......  Again, it doesn't matter.

* linking up with BH Mystery Sunday Link-Up *


Monday is for making and Earlene got her last stitches done, border attached, and sandwiched for quilting.  I found a scrap binding in the drawer just the right size/color.  Her coat buttons will be real little buttons attached as part of the 'quilting'.   She gets her big finish today - why did it take so long?


And as long as the machine will be in quilt mode - this jelly roll quilt will get it's finishing touches today.  I don't have a binding for this one, but I'm sure I can find something on the shelf to compliment.

* linking up with Beth for Monday Making *

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

6 comments:

Daffycat said...

Holy crows, you finished those flying geese in no time! I'm afraid I'm still cutting clue 2!

Vireya said...

Your flying geese look lovely. Congratulations on using up a bag of scraps!

Nancy J said...

Lovely colours for the geese, and Earlene is looking wonderful.

Maria said...

Your geese look great and using up your scraps is a bonus... I still have some moregeese to sew.

Barbara said...

Nice work on Earlene. She's looking Mah-velous. Your flying geese went together fast!

Sheila said...

Your geese and nine patch look great, nice and scrappy 😊