Saturday, September 3, 2016

Mod Bear QAL


I have the button on the side bar, but I am just in love with this quilt!!  Lorna has fantastic patterns - remember the Elephant Parade and Dog Gone Cute?  I make a lot of 'male' quilts and this is going to make some one very happy.


Of course I'm going scrappy and using the lap quilt size which should use up a lot of those browns - there's probably more on the shelf.  I am sticking to the solid white background - because I had a huge piece of Kona White on the shelf that needs using up.

  
I was going to go scrappy grey sashing, but then I found this on my journey today.  I am ready!

You can find the fabric chart and requirements HERE.  Won't you join in?

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

13 comments:

Sarah said...

What a fun quilt! I especially liked the other mon-traditional color combos. I am considering...

Kathy S. said...

Oh, Sharon! After seeing your scrappy browns I'm going to have to follow your lead and jump in on this QAL. I have a big bin of scrappy browns too. It's going to be gorgeous. I need a manly quilt in my collection. This one is perfect. I'll be sewing along with you (and Lorna) again!

Calicojoan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Calicojoan said...

Your a bad bad girl. After seeing this on your blog the other day, I went right over and bought the pattern. I have no time, but when has that stopped me? LOL!!!

Barbara said...

I took notice of that bear too. Very cute.

Needled Mom said...

I have been tempted by this one. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Teresa in Music City said...

It's going to be so much fun seeing your scrappy bear paws come to life!

Kate said...

Looking forward to seeing this project come together. It will be a great pattern for using up those browns.

Lesley said...

Sounds like you are all set for the QAL! Enjoy!

Sarah Craig said...

I love this quilt, but no time for a quilt-along right now. I'll have to do this one later, I think! Can't wait to see yours, though!

Quilter Kathy said...

I want to join in and I'm sure I won't be able to resist!

Lorna McMahon said...

This is going to be great! I am so glad to have you joining in the quilt along. And I can't wait to see those brown scraps turned into beautiful bear paw blocks!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I still need to gather my fabrics. I like the fabrics she used, and, I know the store where I can get them. Hopefully this week. Hubby thought it was a great quilt.