Sunday, July 17, 2016

Slow Sunday Stitching 7/17/16


Kathy has a great post today about 'clutter' and slowing down.  I am going to join her in some slow stitching along with some decluttering.

The Hexie project is coming along nicely.  I have one of each color and slowly working it's partner now.  The ones clipped are my twosies and the ones in the tin are singles.  I find working two rosettes a week is just enough - this is a slow project that I am not rushing. *linking to Help for Hexie-alics*


This pile of quilts and wallhangings need their final finishing - going over them to remove bits of threads, cat hair, and add their labels (which I hand sew on).

And this corner of my living room needs a clean up of clutter - the little table has become a dumping spot and the quilt rack that isn't used as quilt rack was my 'finish this pile' spot.


Please be sure to visit SARAH today for the next step of the Christmas Quilt. And today's hosts are Tonia @ All Thingz Sewn and Selina @ Selina Quilts

Sewingly Yours,
Sharon

11 comments:

Sarah said...

Your hexies look very organised! And what a great big pile of quilts to be finished. Have a nice day!

Teresa in Music City said...

Looks like you have a nice quiet, relaxing day planned Sharon. I love the feeling of getting the final little touches done on a stack of quilts, put them away, clean up the area - such satisfaction! I'm planning to stitch a little today too while watching the British Open with hubby :*)

Deb A said...

Love seeing that box of pretty fabrics. Enjoy those final touches to finish up your quilt pile.

Barbara said...

Those hexies look so pretty there. And what a nice pile of finishes. You go, girl. Received my little charms yesterday...so cute, and a perfect choice for me with the Road Trip! Thank you.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Looks like great progress on those hexies.

Sherrie said...

Hi,
Sorry to say I have a pile like that. Really need to clear it out. Love the hexies. Have a great day!

CathieJ said...

I love those hexies. I hope you can make a dent in that pile that needs final finishing. Enjoy your stitching.

Needled Mom said...

The clutter is what drives me crazy. It;s so hard to keep it organized when one has so much going on - project wise!

Sarah said...

Your hexies are coming right along. 2 rosettes a week is very respectable- I just do more hexies to avoid housework. LOL! My quilt lab and office are also cluttered- I try to work at it a little each day but it's generally a loosing battle as I like to work on more than one thing at a time. The best advice I read somewhere is to only touch something once - use it and put it away, dont set it down to put away later. I'm still working to make this a habit.

Pamela said...

Nice hexies! I need to do some decluttering.......

Miaismine said...

Love your hexies! Your color choices are so cheerful!