Monday, August 22, 2016
I managed to get this far yesterday with my 'Let's Book It' project. A few changes made - I put a skinny strip to seperate the geese from the houses and one to seperate the houses and trees. The tree foundations printed out too small, but I made them work. The last border is just pinned on as I am not sure I am going to use it.
Just a skinny inner border and then an outer border to be done and I am thinking of hand quilting this one.
Today, over at Val's Quilting Studio, is the Tuesday Archinve's Theme - HOUSES. I have done a lot of house quilts and will be sure to link up a couple of my house tutorials.
Hand sewing that binding is on my list for today.
Sunday, August 21, 2016
I haven't even begun my 'Let's Book It project' - this cute wallhanging that can be found HERE on Connecting Threads.
I have a few things pulled and the plan could change as I look thru fabrics, but I would like to make this my play date for Monday Making.
Saturday, August 20, 2016
I am going to slow down today and join Kathy with some relaxing stitching. I am down to just my granddaughter's new quilt - commissions complete!
I haven't touched my '365' circles at all this month. They are prepped and waiting their turn. I will work on these as well as.......
the binding on this monster. This is my entry for the Hall of Fame Quilt Show that is the last weekend in September. I have plenty of time, but want to get this finished this week.
And some of you have asked about Moe. He is under the weather, first with sniffles, then heavy sneazing which went into a cough. Now on medication that makes him more of a splat puddle than before. He 'rode' this quilt thru it's machine binding finish and I left him there. Rest and medicine is what he needs right now. Bella has even refrained from picking on him and occassionally will come and lay with him.
We are all going to relax today,
Friday, August 19, 2016
This is my 'Dog Gone Cute' quilt made during the blog hop with Lorna at Sew Fresh Quilts. I used some of my deconstructed flannel shirts for my pups. Kona White for accents and Kona Ash for the back ground. I used the large block set 2 by 3 for a baby quilt.
I used a CT cotton thread in silver grey for the top and a beige for the back. Just a free motion wave with my walking foot to quilt it.
I used a paw print ultra fleece for the back and Quilter's Dream ultra-select batt - a nice cuddly finish and it keeps the quilt from sliding off baby and the crib. The binding is a scrap from stash - black with multi-color paw prints. It gave a nice little pop of color to frame it all off.
Finished size after a wash and dry: 44.5" x 46.5"
Linking up with Lily Pad Quilting for the Pets on Quilts Show - Pet Theme Catagory